Grilled peaches served atop a bed of arugala make for a great summertime salad. Add gorgonzola cheese and pecans for the perfect final touch.
- 1 cup pecans
- 4 large fresh, ripe peaches, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (4-oz.) wedge Gorgonzola cheese, broken into 8 pieces
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Gently toss peach halves in 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill peaches, cut sides down, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Turn peaches, and place 1 cheese piece in center of each peach; grill, covered with grill lid, 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Toss arugula with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange arugula on a serving platter; sprinkle with toasted pecans, and top with grilled peach halves. Drizzle peaches with honey, and sprinkle with chives.
*Aged balsamic vinegar may be substituted.