- 4 ounces fully cooked ham, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 cup broken pecans, toasted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (2 to 3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil or salad oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 ounces packaged dried bow ties (3 1/2 cups)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- In a very large mixing bowl combine ham, pecans, blue cheese, parsley, oil, rosemary, garlic, and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Add pasta to the ham mixture; toss to mix.
- If desired, line individual salad plates with lettuce. Divide the pasta mixture among the lettuce-lined plates.
Makes 5 main-dish servings.