Adapted from a recipe in Encore! Nashville, this simple, decadent chocolate pie filling can easily be used in your favorite purchased or homemade pie crust.
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) frozen unbaked pie crust shell
- Ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°. Microwave first 3 ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, whisking at 30-second intervals.
- Whisk sugar and flour into chocolate mixture. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream.