These rich bars really capture the flavor of pecan pie.
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and vanilla. Gradually add hot sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs and edges are crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Cut into bars.
Yield: 4 dozen.