Pecans add a touch of crunch to the warm chicken mixture in these speedy soft-shell tacos. Kick up the heat a notch or two by using medium or hot salsa.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and cumin over medium heat in butter until chicken juices run clear.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; layer with cheese, salsa and lettuce if desired.
- Roll up.
Yield: 4 servings.