Nutty and buttery Pecan-Crusted Chicken and Tortellini with Herbed Butter Sauce is your winning solution to getting dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place pecans in a shallow bowl. Place egg in a second bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dredge chicken in pecans, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from skillet; wipe skillet clean.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes or until garlic is caramel-colored and butter begins to turn golden brown. Immediately remove from heat, and stir in basil, parsley, and hot cooked tortellini. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately with chicken.