Pecans aren’t just for dessert. Try them toasted in this Italian-inspired fettucine with fresh basil and Asiago cheese.
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (12-oz.) package fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small zucchini, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add zucchini and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Toss with hot cooked fettuccine, pecans, Asiago cheese, and basil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve immediately.