When fresh tarragon isn’t available, substitute 1 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed tarragon.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half (optional)
- Garnish: halved lemon slices
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool pecans on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pecans, chicken, celery, and onion just until blended. Stir in grape halves, if desired. Garnish, if desired.