Easy side: Cook 1 (11-ounce) package frozen steam-in-bag baby mixed vegetables according to package directions. Toss with 1 teaspoon freshly ground garlic-pepper seasoning. We tested with Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Market Blend and McCormick seasoning.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat pecans and 2 Tablespoon s butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour.
Cook chicken in hot oil in skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with pecans.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, and cook 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add brown sugar, vinegar, and thyme, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is melted and sauce is slightly thickened. Whisk in remaining 2 Tablespoon s butter. Serve sauce over chicken.