- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Caramel Whipped Cream
- Ice cream and chopped pecans, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the butter in an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish and put the dish in the oven until butter is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine 3/4 cup of the sugar, the flour, and 2 tablespoons cocoa.
- Add the milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth. Pour over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of sugar, remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa, the pecans, and toffee bits; sprinkle evenly over the sugar mixture.
- Slowly pour boiling water over top of the cobbler.
- Bake until top of the cobbler looks set, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with Caramel Whipped Cream, ice cream and pecans, if desired.
Caramel Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- Combine the cream and sugar in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk or beater until soft peaks form.
- Add the caramel syrup, and lightly fold together.