These sugared nut-filled balls are a tradition of ours at Christmastime. They make an attractive addition to a plate of holiday cookies…and they melt in your mouth!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Roll warm cookies in additional confectioners’ sugar; cool completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies again in confectioners’ sugar.
Yield: 4 dozen.