Shredded zucchini adds moistness to these tender muffins dotted with raisins and chopped pecans. If you have a surplus of zucchini in summer as most of us do, this is a good way to use some of it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini, pecans and raisins.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 1 dozen.