- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 9 cups sliced peeled peaches
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until blended.
- Transfer to a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Pat into a 12-inch square. Brush with melted butter.
- Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge. Roll up jelly-roll style.
- Seal dough; set aside.
- in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch
- and lemon peel.
- Gradually stir in water until blended. Add peaches.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut biscuit dough into twelve 1-in. slices; arrange biscuits overfilling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 12 servings.