- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Maple Cream Sauce,
- Vanilla ice cream and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut brownies into squares; cut in half if desired. Place on dessert plates with a scoop of ice cream. Top with sauce; sprinkle with pecans.
Yield: 20 servings.
Maple Cream Sauce
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Combine syrup and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in milk.