Let the butter sit at room temperature for several hours, or soften it in the microwave at HIGH for 10 to 20 seconds (do not melt).
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl, blending well.
- Drop cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute; remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Crispy Praline-Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels; bake as directed.