In fall or any time of year, this nutty, rich and delicious pie is one I am proud to serve. While it seems very special, it’s a snap to make.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- Additional fat-free caramel ice cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Trim and flute edges.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell; sprinkle with pecans.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining eggs; gradually whisk in caramel
topping until blended. Pour slowly over pecans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned (loosely cover edges with
foil after 20 minutes if pie browns too quickly).
- Cool on a wire rack 1 hour.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight before slicing. If desired, garnish with additional caramel ice cream topping.