- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- Pecan Pie Filling
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- Pour Pecan Pie Filling over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set.
- Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Pecan Pie Filling
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- Combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla
in a large bowl.
- Stir in pecans.