- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Additional confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and extracts.
- Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the pecans, carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar
and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in pecans and pineapple.
- Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining
- Sprinkle both sides with additional confectioners’ sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Yield: 4 dozen.
To Make Ahead
Package cookies in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in a single layer before filling.