- 10 cups dried bread; we did half white bread and half (not sweet!) cornbread
- 3 cups pecan pieces
- 2 large sweet onions, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Tear bread into small pieces.
- Add pecans, onions, and seasonings.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in the order given.
- Bake in a casserole dish (or two) at 325 degrees until crispy and brown around the edges, about an hour.