These easy chocolate oatmeal drop cookies are crisp on the outside and slightly chewy on the inside. Chocolate minichips disperse better in the batter, but you can use regular chips.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup regular oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add vanilla and egg; beat until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Stir in pecans and minichips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.