A great make-ahead recipe! Be sure to remove from the cookie sheets within 20 minutes after baking to prevent sticking.
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, pecans and coconut.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, oil, honey, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-innch baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with yogurt if desired.
Yield: 11 cups.