Butter-Pecan Granola is the perfect topping for yogurt and fruit, and even better on its own as a snack. This recipe makes enough so you can share with friends.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 8-ounce package chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 325°. Stir together melted butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add oats, pecans, wheat germ, and sesame seeds, and stir until mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread oat mixture on a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toasted, stirring every 10 minutes. Spread granola onto wax paper, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in chopped dates. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 6 months.