- 12 large eggs
- 1/3 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place eggs in a single layer in a stainless steel saucepan. (Do not use nonstick.) Add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a rolling boil; cook 1 minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
- Place eggs under cold running water until just cool enough to handle. Tap eggs on the counter until cracks form; peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks. Mash together yolks, yogurt, and next 4 ingredients until smooth using a fork. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
5 New Favorites
Try these innovative stir-ins to make your own signature deviled eggs. Prepare recipe as directed, stirring one of the following delicious combos into yolk mixture (Step 3).
- Creole Shrimp: 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked shrimp, 3 Tbsp. sautéed chopped green bell pepper, 1 minced green onion, 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce. Top with cooked shrimp.
- Texas Caviar: 3 Tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper, 1 minced green onion, 1 Tbsp. minced pickled Jalapeño pepper, 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, 1 teaspoon Italian dressing mix. Top with canned black-eyed peas and fresh cilantro leaves.
- High Society: 1/2 cup cooked fresh lump crabmeat, 2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with cooked fresh crabmeat and watercress.
- Georgia Peach: 3 Tbsp. peach preserves, 1/4 cup finely chopped country ham, 1 teaspoon grated Vidalia onion, 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with sliced fresh peaches and chopped toasted pecans.
- Triple Pickle: 3 Tbsp. chopped bread-and-butter pickles, 2 Tbsp. chopped capers. Top with pickled okra slices.