Need a dessert in a hurry? Whether you need to bring a dish to a work function or a casual party, this torte is a must-have for those last-minute sweet tooth needs.
- 2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces; finely chopped
- 33 graham crackers; (each 21/2-inches square)
- Chocolate syrup (to drizzle)
- Strawberry Sauce
- In a large chilled mixing bowl beat whipping cream and brown sugar until stiff. Fold in pecans.
- Spread small amount of whipped cream mixture on each of 3 crackers. Arrange crackers, frosted sides down and with edges touching to form a rectangle, on serving plate.
- Spread rectangle with about 1/4 cup whipped cream mixture. Layer with 3 crackers. Repeat layers 9 times.
- Gently press torte together. Carefully turn torte on its side with spatula so crackers are vertical.
- Frost sides and top with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours (torte will mellow and become moist).
- Slice and serve with Strawberry Sauce