Pecans add crunch and a hint of nutty flavor to this delicious fall salad. Maple bacon, fresh fruit, and Gorgonzola cheese up the ante in flavor, and a Cranberry Vinaigrette makes it even more delicious!
- 8 thick bacon slices
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 (5-oz.) packages gourmet salad greens
- 1 large Bartlett pear
- 1 large Gala apple
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Dip bacon slices in syrup, allowing excess to drip off; press pecans onto both sides of bacon. Arrange bacon slices in a single layer on rack, and bake 20 minutes; turn bacon slices, and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut bacon crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Place salad greens on a serving platter. Cut pear and apple into thin slices; toss with salad greens. Top with grapes, cheese, and bacon.
- Serve salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette.