Cram all the amazing flavor of pecan pie into these bite-sized treats that are perfect for parties and gift-giving alike.
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 (2.1-oz.) packages frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Stir together sugar and corn syrup in a medium bowl. Stir in pecans, eggs, and next 3 ingredients.
- Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoonful pecan mixture into each pastry shell, and place on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake at 350º for 20 to 22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 30 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Mini Pecan Pies:
Substitute 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages frozen tart shells for frozen mini-phyllo pastry shells. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Spoon about 1/4 cup pecan mixture into each tart shell. Place tart shells on a large baking sheet. Proceed with recipe as directed in Step 4, increasing bake time to 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Garnish with currants, if desired. Makes 1 dozen. Prep: 15 min., Bake: 30 min.
Baking time is 22 minutes per batch.