Dried cranberries give a slightly sweet flavor to crispy, buttery Cranberry-Pecan Cheese Wafers.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups (16 oz.) freshly shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool completely (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, soak cranberries in boiling water to cover 15 minutes; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Beat butter and next 3 ingredients at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Shape dough into 4 (12-inch-long) logs; wrap each log in plastic wrap. Chill 8 hours to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each log into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks, and cool completely (about 20 minutes)