These savory cheese rounds have the perfect balance of cheese and butter, along with enough flour to keep them crumbly. An instant classic with a martini or a glass of wine!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- With an electric mixer on low speed, cream butter. Add cheese; mix well. Add flour and salt; mix well. Stir in nuts and cayenne pepper by hand.
- Divide dough in half, and roll into 2 logs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, and preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice chilled dough into 1/4-inch slices and place on pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Note: Slice and bake one log of Cheddar Pecan Rounds to enjoy immediately, and freeze the second log for when unexpected guests drop in. You can bake a batch in less than 20 minutes.