Round out your meal with a slice of decadent mocha-pecan mud pie. This dessert is so rich, your guests will never know it was lightened.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint light coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 pint light chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 cup coarsely chopped reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, divided (about 10 cookies)
- 1 (6-ounce) ready-made chocolate crumb piecrust
- 2 tablespoons light chocolate syrup
- Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- Stir together ice cream, 3/4 cup cookie chunks, and 1/3 cup pecans; spoon into piecrust. Freeze 10 minutes. Press remaining cookie chunks and pecans evenly on top. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze 8 hours. Drizzle individual slices evenly with chocolate syrup.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Keebler Chocolate Ready Crust, Häagen-Dazs Light Coffee Ice Cream, and Häagen-Dazs Light Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream.