Any one who loves caramel apples will love these muffins. These are great served with breakfast, or with coffee.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon
and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple, pecans and
Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine topping
ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing
from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 14 muffins.