Start your morning with this delicious coffee cake and you’ll be ready to tackle the day. A brown sugar crumb mixture forms the crust, and cinnamon-sugar pecans add a crunchy topping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Cut 3/4 cup butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press 2 3/4 cups crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon. Pour sour cream mixture over crumb crust in pan; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon mixture and pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.