What’s better than a big bowl of sweet chocolaty nuts? Ok, I admit it … lots of things, but … that doesn’t mean that this tasty assorted nuts mix is bad. They’re awesome!
These are perfect for any social gathering. Just lie them out there for people to eat! I’m a big fan of “the twist” and tend to throw a slightly outlandish ingredient into things. I like to surprise! If you want to keep these nuts more traditional, simply omit the cayenne and you’ll have a sweet tasty bowl of nuts!
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve or other sugar equivalent
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup walnut halves
- Pre-heat oven to 225 F.
- Grease a baking tray with a small amount of butter.
- Whisk your egg white, until frothy.
- Combine your dry ingredients and mix them, well.
- Add the nuts, whipped egg whites and dried ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss until very well coated.
- Evenly layer the nuts on the tray. Evenly distribute them, so they roast and toast evenly.
- Roast for 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, completely.
- Break apart and serve!